Some of our most popular resources for demographic data include:
1. DataHaven Community Wellbeing Survey
2. Greater New Haven Community Index - and other reports on the Reports page of the DataHaven website.
3. DataHaven Community and Neighborhood Profiles - by area, town and neighborhood. We are currently updating this resource; please contact us if you can't find the profile you need.
Some of our favorite outside sources of demographic data
1. American Factfinder, at factfinder.census.gov
, is an online portal to selected U.S. Census Bureau data sets. Please contact DataHaven if you have trouble finding what you need on this expansive site.
2. MetroTrends, at MetroTrends.org
, is the Urban Institute's report card on metropolitan America. The site provides up-to-date indicators of social and economic conditions and trends in metro areas nationwide, along with commentary on what they mean for workers, families, businesses, and neighborhoods.
3. Measure of America, at measureofamerica.org
, is a tool for understanding the distribution of well-being and opportunity throughout America. The American Human Development Project provides easy-to-use yet methodologically sound tools for understanding the distribution of well-being and opportunity in America and stimulating fact-based dialogue about key issues: health, education, and living standards.
4. OnTheMap, at onthemap.ces.census.gov
, is based on data from the Census Bureau and state partners in the LED partnership. The LED partnership develops information about local labor market conditions at low cost, with no added respondent burden, and with the same confidentiality protections afforded census and survey data.
6. Justice Map: at http://www.justicemap.org/
, is an nice tool for quickly mapping race and income at the block, block group, and Census tract level throughout the nation.
View additional data sources on Connecticut demographics, including maps and links to external sources, on our Data Resources page. Or contact us to suggest other sources we should feature.