From Knowledge Center
|New Haven Prison Reentry Initiative Edit|
Launched in 2008, the New Haven Prison Reentry Initiative works with community partners, state agencies and other reentry stakeholders to support the reintegration of formerly incarcerated residents into the New Haven community.
New Haven Reentry Roundtable / Prison Reentry Initiative
Launched in 2008, the New Haven Prison Reentry Initiative works with community partners, state agencies and other reentry stakeholders to support the reintegration of formerly incarcerated residents into the New Haven community. The initiative can help individuals:
- Get in touch with prisoner reentry services in the New Haven community
- Look for a job
- Get IDs, such as birth certificate or Elm City Resident Card
- Find out about New Haven’s Ban the Box initiative
- Learn how to apply for a pardon
- Restore voting rights
- And more!
City Resources and How to Get Involved
Additional resources may be found on the city's website, at http://www.cityofnewhaven.com/Mayor/prisonreentry.asp. Meetings are held every month - contact the group to get involved!
The New Haven Reentry Resource Guide, Updated in September 2010, may be downloaded as a PDF file by clicking on the link in the "Resources" section in the box above, or by clicking here.
Related National and Statewide Resources
Please see our Topic Page on Prison Reentry and Prison Policy for a collection of regional and national organizations and reports on this subject.
News Articles About the New Haven Reentry Roundtable / Prison Reentry Initiative
Please register or contact us if you would like to add additional resources to this page.
1. New Haven Independent story profiling one of the participants in the Housing Authority of New Haven's pilot program for individuals with criminal convictions. The article can be found at: http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/joe_lands_a_home/
2. "Housing, jobs key to re-entry, panel says." (NH Register, 11/18/2010) http://newhavenregister.com/articles/2010/11/17/news/doc4ce36082cc830222359697.txt "The New Haven Re-entry Roundtable Tuesday set employment and housing needs of ex-offenders as top priorities for 2011, just as new data shows the U.S. economy loses $57 billion to $65 billion per year while ex-offenders struggle to find work."
3. "Conviction" (Yale Daily News, 2/4/2011) http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2011/feb/04/conviction/ Article about people involved in the New Haven Reentry Roundtable program.
|Coordinates||41° 18' 27" N, 72° 55' 29" WLatitude: 41.307393|
Longitude: -72.924637 +
|Organization||New Haven Police Department +|
|Sector||Public Safety + and Health +|
|Title||New Haven Prison Reentry Initiative +|
|Topic||Prison Reentry +|
|Town||New Haven +|
|URLThis property is a special property in this wiki.||http://www.cityofnewhaven.com/Mayor/prisonreentry.asp +|