DataHaven Annual Report
Please view DataHaven's 2012 Annual Report, "Celebrating 20 Years of Data for Community Action, 1992-2012", for a quick overview of our history and some of the services that we provide.
Our core product is an interactive, web-based resource (www.ctdatahaven.org) allowing access to a wide range of accurate and relevant data on our region in a user-friendly, region-specific, one-stop data web site. The site contains thousands of community indicators that can be accessed, analyzed and downloaded, as well as a central place to access important community planning documents and reports. Please contact us with any questions about the site, or to discuss site enhancements, volunteer as a site section editor, or request data.
Free Technical Assistance
DataHaven provides a limited amount of technical assistance, free of charge, to many nonprofit organizations, grant writers, and individuals in the Greater New Haven and Lower Naugatuck Valley Region each year. Please review our list of services below, and contact us if you have a question or would like assistance. We also provide training to individuals and groups on the use of public data sources.
Fee-for-Service Based Projects and Services
DataHaven is currently working on a number of projects with community collaboratives, local institutions and governments to expand the use or understanding of high-quality information at the local, regional, and state levels. DataHaven is a mission-driven nonprofit organization and therefore will only take on projects if they support these efforts in some way.
DataHaven draws upon the extensive experience of its staff and many partners to provide a number of services. Because we are a nonprofit organization with a mission to serve the community and minimal overhead costs, our fee-for-services structure is very reasonable. Some services may be provided on an in-kind basis. Please contact us to discuss how we may be able to help you with the following:
- + Community-based surveys, including survey instrument design, survey testing, online surveys, telephone surveys, data entry, data validation, and reporting.
- + Creation of community indicators, needs assessments, and benchmarks to track progress. DataHaven can interpret, analyze, and help you share relevant local, State, and Federal data sets across a variety of topics of interest.
- + Neighborhood-level mapping.
- + Data collection, analysis and management, including database creation and address geocoding (e.g., assigning addresses to Census Tracts, neighborhoods, or political districts).
- + Training sessions on the most effective use of public data sources (typically free of charge; please contact us for the next available community training).
- + Guided tours of neighborhoods and/or about topics of local interest.
- + Community convening, workshops and facilitation.
- + DataHaven also maintains a guide to grantwriting and using data.