DataHaven Data Stories: How Data is Being Used Here and Elsewhere
We will use this page to present stories on how community data has been used effectively to call attention to issues or plan solutions.
Please submit your suggestions for inclusion here via email.
Recent regional or local planning or advocacy efforts that have involved extensive collection and analysis of data include:
- The New Haven City Plan Department has recently put an extensive data book on line-this data was collected for use in preparing the City's Comprehensive Plan of Development. You can access it at the City Plan Department's web site.
- The New Haven Continuum for addressing homelessness conducted a Homeless Count in March 2003.
- The Regional Growth Partnership prepared a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy for the Greater New Haven Region which relies on extensive economic data. You can find it on the DataHaven Reports page or here.
- Volunteers and contractors for the Community COMPASS project, convened by the United Way of Greater New Haven, conducted several surveys and collected extensive community indicator data which is now guiding their work on community initiatives. More information is available at the Compass website.
- Connecticut Voices for Children supports their advocacy on behalf of children with a wealth of data and analyses about conditions facing families and children, available on their website.