This is a page for job postings from our partner organizations whose responsibilities include the use of public data resources (i.e., federal, state, and local data) for research, planning, and evaluation in Connecticut or adjacent areas of nearby states. While we attempt to verify accuracy of postings based on readily available information, we are not responsible for the accuracy of content here. Please note that, as with many community-based websites that share links to job opportunities, information posted here is shared in order to help reach area residents and we do not charge for postings. The content is not necessarily contributed by or approved by the partner organizations listed and may not represent the most current information available. Note: DataHaven positions are posted at http://ctdatahaven.org/careers.
If you would like to recommend we add or remove a posting, please contact us. Include a link to the posting (if posted elsewhere) and/or a one sentence description, a closing date and an e-mail contact. If the posting has no closing date, it may be removed after approximately 1-2 months. Material we receive may be edited to take up less space and may be added or removed at any time.
Recent Public Data-Related Job Postings in CT
Last revised March 21 2019
DataHaven positions are posted at http://ctdatahaven.org/careers.
SCSU - Communications Coordinator
Excerpt from job posting: Southern Connecticut State University seeks a Communications Coordinator to support the communications needs of both the Community Alliance for Research and Engagement (CARE) and the SCSU School of Health and Human Services. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing and disseminating clearly written, well-designed health communication materials for community partners in a variety of formats, such as community reports, web content, blogs, social media, promotional materials (posters, flyers), training materials, etc. This position will also support communication activities for CARE, with a specific focus on grant-funded activities related to the REACH project (Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health) funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A Bachelor’s degree is required and three years of professional experience in the field of writing and communications. A Master’s degree is preferred. Proficiency with technical communications tools, such as content management systems, email messaging, video shooting and editing, Photoshop and HTML editing is highly desirable. Experience with social media, digital journalism (e.g., video, audio blogging, etc.)See https://www2.southernct.edu/faculty-staff/hr/jobs/Communications_Coordin... for details.
The RISE Network - Education Data Strategist, Data Specialist
The RISE Network is a Connecticut-based non-profit organization with a mission to empower educators to achieve breakthrough results, helping all students realize and achieve their full potential. RISE facilitates networked improvement communities by bringing together educators working in different contexts to advance shared goals. Together, we build community, democratize innovation, and improve systems in public schools and districts. The RISE data positions play an integral role in advancing the Network’s research and analytic functions. RISE is seeking talented and highly motivated individuals to serve on a team collaborating with school districts to build data tools, systems, and practices to improve student outcomes. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, and is passionate about closing achievement gaps and developing the potential of all students regardless of life circumstance. To view the postings, see https://ctrise.org/get-involved/career-opportunities
Selected CT Data Careers Pages
These are a few pages where we have seen jobs posted related to Connecticut data, research, and evaluation. In addition, many national job boards, such as Idealist, regularly post jobs related to public data use that are located in Connecticut.:
- DataHaven: http://ctdatahaven.org/careers
- CT School Finance Project: http://ctschoolfinance.org/careers
- The RISE Network: https://ctrise.org/get-involved/career-opportunities
- Hartford Foundation: http://www.hfpg.org/about-us/careers/
- Connecticut Chapter of the American Planning Association (CCAPA): http://www.ccapa.org/jobs-information/employment/. There are often multiple city planning, GIS, and planning analyst positions posted here, which focus on the collection and use of public data in a city planning capacity.
- Yale University - Employment: https://your.yale.edu/work-yale/employment
- University of Connecticut Jobs: https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs/
- Connecticut Voices for Children: http://www.ctvoices.org/
- Partnership for Strong Communities: http://www.pschousing.org/careers
- CT Housing Coalition Job Postings (including partner organization postings): http://ct-housing.org/resources/job-postings/
- CT Council for Philanthropy: Statewide Job Opportunities https://www.ctphilanthropy.org/news-type/job-opportunities