On August 23, 2023, DataHaven published its latest health equity report, along with a press release, "DataHaven health equity report finds that preventable health problems contributed to an excess of 14,000 deaths among the Black population in Connecticut between 2017 and 2022".
Read or listen to news stories about this new publication:
- WNPR/CT Public Radio 8/25/23: "Health inequities persist in Connecticut: 14,000 excess deaths among Black population"
- WSHU 8/25/23: "Mortality rate higher for Connecticut's Black population, study finds"
- Hartford Courant 8/26/23: "CT equity report finds preventable health problems contributed to excess deaths of Black residents"
- Hearst CT Newspapers 8/29/23: "14,000 Black CT residents died due to health inequities during six-year period, report finds" (story appeared on the front pages of all Hearst Connecticut newspapers on 8/30/23)
- CT News Junkie, "DataHaven: Health Inequities Lead to 14,000 Excess Deaths Among Black Residents Over 5 Years"